- For each meeting, we ask members to continue to submit photos of any finishes to Linda D. Photos need to be submitted to Linda no later than the Tuesday prior the second Saturday of the month. (Reminds me of the school problem - If a train left Chicago at 10 pm traveling at 65 mpg when.......) This will allow Linda and Caryl the time to work their magic to incorporate your photos into the slide show that will be shared at the meeting. Please remember to include your name and the designer name in your email. Following the meetings, the slide shows will be uploaded to the Facebook page.
- Treasury Report was read.
The current updated membership roster was shared by Caryl C.
Those darned germs!
- The Annual Holiday Exchange will be rescheduled once we can again meet in person.
- The Anniversary Event is still in the wings. It is too special to be done virtually! This event will also be rescheduled once we can again meet in person.
- Membership renewals are due January 1st for the 2021 year. Please print, complete and submit your membership form found at this link.
December Meeting - Barbara Hutson, Queenstown Samplers, will be joining our Zoom Meeting. She will show and discuss some of her designs. If you have an antique sampler, she is willing to provide you will any information she can on the piece. Send a photo of your sampler to Linda D. and she will make sure Barbara gets the photo to research prior to the meeting. Photos can be sent between now and December 9th. During the meeting Barbara will provide any information she can about your sampler.
As a special treat, Salty Yarns will be offering a 15% discount on any of Barbara's designs in December.
January Meeting - January will be the end of our 2020 Designer Showcase. For 2020 Blackbird Designs was the designer chosen. Please send photos of any pieces your stitched in 2020. Send your Blackbird photos to Linda anytime between now and January 6th and let her know they are for the January Blackbird Showcase.
Also at the January Meeting we will be sharing any stitchy gifts received over the holidays. There is no need to send photos of any gifts to Linda. We will have a Show 'n Tell of all the goodies with each member holding up their gift(s) in turn.
FOR 2021 will are going to continue to Showcase a Designer. The choices for 2021 and links to their sites are:Start checking our their charts and thinking about what designer you would like to see showcased in 2021.
February Meeting - We will be having a virtual class with Linda Stolz of Erica Michaels Needleart Designs. She has designed a strawberry especially for our guild. The cost of the kit is $30. Please print and complete and return the registration form.
And as a special treat, Salty Yarns will be offering a 15% discount on any Erica Michaels Needlearts Designs charts in February.
The November program was a discussion of your go-to tools and accessories for stitching. We all have our 'favorites' that we can't stitch without.
Here are some of the things some stitchers don't like to do without -
- Fiber Finder/DoLolly (available from Salty Yarns or Grip It Plus on Amazon)
- Ginger Tweezers
- Marian Needles
- "Frogger" from Sweet N Round/Word Art by Art (Arthur Miller at email@example.com or search Facebook for "SweetNRound"
- Wonder Clips (Joann's, Amazon, Salty Yarns)
Next meeting - 10 a.m., December 12, 2020.