Our August Meeting is dedicated to a Stash Re-allocation Sale. Members brought in items from patterns, fabric, trims, frames, etc. that they wished to purge from their closets and stash. Many walked out with bargains and several walked out with less than they came in with. Member Susan D. has been generous enough to take all the remaining items to FireSide Stitchery in PA to be auctioned on eBay. The eBays sales will be a nice addition to our treasury. Many thanks to Susan D.
For our Business Meeting
- The Challenge Binder was circulated for members to add their finishes. Patrick promises a nifty prize at our January Meeting for the top finishers.
- September Meeting - We will be creating seasonal tea towels. Finished tea towels will be provided. Members have selected one (or all three) of the patterns available. Supplies needed are a #2 pencil, Crayola Crayons (must be Crayola for best results), large eyed needle suitable for 6-strands of floss, hoop, coordinating floss for the design you selected, paper towels and scissors. Caryl will share the supply list in the meeting notice. The cost is $5 per design and sign-ups closed at the August meeting.
- October Meeting - Patrick will teach the bullion knot.
- November Meeting - Classes with Beth Seal and Janice Note. (More information is available under our July Meeting post)
- Anniversary Committee - Anyone wishing to help with the Guild Anniversary Celebration is invited to lunch at The Well following the September Meeting.
- Nominations - Pat L., Carol W. and Robin T. are serving on the Nominating Committee. If you wish to nominate or be nominated for the Office of President or Secretary for the next term, please let Carol, Pat or Robin know.
- Retreat - Our Fall Retreat will again be at the Lankford in Ocean City, MD. This is a MEMBERS ONLY event. The cost is the same at the spring cost. Caryl will circulate the registration paperwork via event.
Items of interest
- Carol Ridyard of iStitch will be offering three new band sampler stitch-a-longs. The first is an Advent SAL. Each day in December a new band will be shared. Second, she will host a Christmas Needle Roll SAL. And third, in January her new Burgundy Band Sampler SAL. Please see her FB page for all the details.
- Delaware Discover Book The collaborative book by Gloria Seaman-Allen and Cynthia Steinhoff will be the subject of a lecture at the Dover Public Library on Lockerman Street, Dover DE. Cynthia Steinhoff will host the talk on September 20 at 6:30 pm. Admission is free. Recently KittenStitcher/Floss Tube (Shakesphere's Peddler) spoke about this book.
Guild Sampler -
This project was started in 2005. A large piece of linen has been circulated among members for each to add their band or motif. A journal travels with the sampler and the stitcher enters a brief recap on who they are and what they added to the sampler.
It was decided to finish off the stitching and have the piece finished by our Anniversary Celebration in May 2020.
2013 Meetings 2014 Meetings 2015 Challenge 2015 Meetings 2016 Challenge 2016 Meetings 2017 Challenge 2017 Meetings Amazon Lite Beaded Scissors Fob Betsy Morgan biscournu blackwork Broken Needle Ceremony Button Book Button Demo Catherine Jordan Catherine Theron Chessie & Me Cindy Steinhoff Classes DE Consortium Designer Elections Field Trip Gloucester Co Historical Society Guess the Designer Guild Anniversary Historic Info Holiday Exchange Member Kudos Morven Museum Needlepainting Needlework Judging Needlework Tools OCMD Retreat Pinning Punchneedle Queenstown Samplers Rehoboth Needlework Exhibit SAL Samplers Revisited Scissors Block Sharon Verbos Shinto Ceremony Smalls Exchange Startup Stitch A-Long stitched postcard Westtown School Winterthur Woodlawn