- August - Stash Re-Allocation Event. Bring in any items you no longer want and wish to sell. The Guild is suggesting that 10% of any profit from sales be donated to the Conservation Fund. This is just a suggestion and not mandatory. Also, if you truly want to get rid of items, you have the option of leaving any unsold items that will be collected and taken to Fireside for their eBay sales. Over the last year, we have collected in the neighborhood of $1,000 from these eBay sales. Again, this is a suggestion and not mandatory. Money from the eBay sales also goes into our Conservation Fund. This past year we were able to make 3 separate gifts of $1,000 each for deserving organizations for the purpose of sampler conservation.
- August - The deadline for organizations to file for our 2018 Conservation Grant is August 31, 2018. Please see our "Conservation Fund" tab above for more information and an applications.
- September - Member Liz C. will be teaching peyote beading.
- October - Salty Yarns Retreat - This is a MEMBERS ONLY event and will be the weekend of October 5-7, 2018. The price is the same as it was in the spring ($140 I think?) and Stacy would like your registration no later than the September meeting on September 8th.
- October - Members Marnie B. and Francine C. will talk about Maulkland wear and will share their collections.
- October - We are looking for members to volunteer for the Nominating Committee. The Committee will need to present a slate of officers for Programming and Treasurer at the October Meeting. Elections will be at the November Meeting.
- November - Election of Officers.
- November - Beth Seal of Summer House Stitche Works will be teaching a class.
- December - Annual Covered Dish Luncheon and holiday exchange of a sampler themed stitched piece.
- January - Share you holiday needlework related gifts
- There are several potential classes in the the works and other fun things planned for 2019. Please stay tuned!
- The Delaware State Fair starts next week in Harrington DE. The needlework display is in the Dover Building.
- The display at the Biggs Museum in Dover, DE, ends next week. It's worth the trip.
- ANG - ANG is holding an event in Washington DC from August 22 - 27. You don't have to belong to ANG to attend.
- Bobby M. of Tomorrow's Stitches in New Castle is liquidating her supply of scissors. Watch for more info in your newsletter.
- August/September/October Meetings - will be in the Dupont Pavilion Room (July's location)
- November/December Meetings - will be in the Atrium Meeting Room (directly one floor above our normal meeting room.)
Show 'n Tell
Pat also share with each of us, a small kit to make our own angel.
Below, the next four are stitched by Jean T.
Stitched by BJ S., front and back
Miribilia's Angel in the Morning, stitched by Lisa.
Garden Angel that was Evalyn's mother-in-law
Below, also from Evalyn
Barbara Jackson class angel stitched by.........