Vice-President Stacy S. welcomed and everyone and got right to business---
- Annual Dues are now due. The cost is $25 for 2019. Please make checks payable to DHVSG.
- Retreat - Our semi-annual retreat will be April 26-27-28 at Salty Yarns in OCMD. The price is $145 and includes 2 nights, 2 continental breakfasts, a cocktail reception and a goodie bag. $40 additional charge per each additional night. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required. This is a MEMBERS ONLY event.
- Name Tags - Reminder that members should wear a name tag at all meetings. If you forget your name tag a $1.00 "fine" is collected. The monies go towards our conservation fund.
- Conservation - Patty H. shared information about her recent presentation at the Bergen County Historical Society earlier in the month. They unveiled two samplers recently restored in part with funds from DVHSG Conservation Committee. The historical society expressed their gratitude to DVHSG. They have a nice collection of mostly marking samplers. They are housed in a building that was once where George Washington was headquartered.
We received a Thank You note from Winterthur for our donation to their Erica Wilson program.
- Classes - There are openings for the Catherine Theron Class at Salty Yarns in March. Call Salty Yarns for information and to sign up.
- Programs -
March - Pam Darney will give a talk on samplers along with her 'color throw-down' for color selection at our March Meeting. In the afternoon, there will be an afternoon class (sign-ups have closed)
April - Member Linda will teach us how to make a fabric ort container. All the materials will be provided.
May - TBD
June - Patty H. will share her powerpoint and discussion on samplers that she recently presented to the Bergen County Historical Society.
July - Christmas in July - Francine will instruct us on a Victorian Christmas Ornament stitched on perforated paper.
August - Stash Re-Allocation/Garage Sale
September - TBD
October - Bullion knot class and pumpkin project to be taught by Patrick B.
November - Two teachers and three different sessions between the regular meeting, a Saturday afternoon class and Sunday class. Participate in one, two or all three. During our regular meeting, Janice Note of Noteworthy Needle will demo and share how to drill a foam pumpkin with patterns to be cross stitched. (follow this link to see a sample). In the afternoon class, Beth Seal of Summer House Stitch Workes will teach a needle book class. Pre-stitching will be required. On Sunday, Janice Note will teach the "Trees and Seasons" pattern. More information will follow.
December - Annual Holiday Exchange and Luncheon
In 2020, we will celebrate our 20th year as a guild. A committee has been formed and work is starting to get underway. More details will follow.
Meeting Program -
Members received that chart for a Valentine Humbug for pre-stitching. Carolyn Newman provided instructions on how to assemble the pre-stitched humbug. Thank you Carolyn! They turned out cute and it is always amazing how the same pattern can look so different.
Show and Tell -
Fall pillow, stitched by Carolyn N.
2013 Meetings 2014 Meetings 2015 Challenge 2015 Meetings 2016 Challenge 2016 Meetings 2017 Challenge 2017 Meetings 2018 Meetings 2022 Meetings Amazon Lite Beaded Scissors Fob Bee Lovers Betsy Morgan Biggs Museum biscournu blackwork Broken Needle Ceremony Button Book Button Demo Catherine Jordan Catherine Theron Chessie & Me Christmas in July Cindy Steinhoff Classes Conservation Fund Crystal S. Samplers DE Consortium Delaware Sampler Symposium Designer Elections Email Issues Fiber Talk Field Trip Gloucester Co Historical Society Guess the Designer Guild Anniversary Hello from Liz Matthews Historic Info Holiday Exchange Japanese Embroidery Krenik Lauren Sauer Class Louden Guild Member Kudos Morven Museum Needlemade Designs Needlepainting Needles Needlework Judging Needlework Tools Niky's Creations OCMD Retreat Penn Dry Goods Market Pinning Punchneedle Queenstown Samplers Rehoboth Needlework Exhibit Royal School of Needlework SAL Salty Yarns Retreat Samplers Revisited Scissors Block Sharon Verbos Shinto Ceremony silk gauze Smalls Exchange Startup Stitch A-Long stitched postcard Theresa Baird Westtown School Winterthur Woodlawn Wool Appli