|Stacy Nash's "Christmas at Holly Berry Farm", stitched by Pat L.
Attendance was down this month and the stitchers who were absent missed a great little class. Before I share those details, let's review today's business.
President Susan D. shared two "thank you" letters we received for recent donations made. The first was from DuPont Nemours Child Life Foundation for the donation we made in memory of Jean Milliken. A second thank you was from Ellen Gilbert of Westtown School for the honorarium when provide to Mary Ulh for her talk at our last meeting. She turned the honorarium over to the school for archive work.
- The Allentown Art Museum is currently hosting a display of embroidery work featuring the wark of Hope Randolph Hacker. Kathy Staples will be giving a lecture on Sunday, May 15th. The exhibit will remain on display until May 29th.
- The Rehoboth Historical Society exhibit will remain open until May 22.
- Winterthur Needlework Symposium, October 14 and 15.
- Strawberry Samplers Stitch-Away is next weekend at the Chadds Ford Barn, Cost is $40. See their website for more information.
- Upcoming at Salty yarns is a Betsy Morgan in June.
- Not to early to be thinking about our annual holiday exchange and creating your stitched item.
- Two sites for tutorials and finishing -
- First, The Twisted Stitcher. Her blog is not only awesome, she has a tab at the top where she shares her tutorials. If you want some inspiration, hop on over an see was Vonna is up to.
- Carolina Stitcher. Faye provides another great place for inspiration. Her little embellishments and top stitches on her finishing are second to none!
- June - Our meeting will be needle painting taught by EGA member Joan T. The cost of your kit will be $15. A five inch embroidery hoop is needed. If you want Joan to provide a hoop, please add $2 to the class cost. Please email Stacy S. NO LATER than June 1 if you wish to participate. If you have stitched the pansy with EGA, please let Stacy know when you sign up. Joan will provide an alternate pattern.
- July - Annual Stash Exchange between members.
- August - Barbara Hutson of Samplers Remember will be our speaker talking about Maryland area samplers. She will be bringing patterns for sale.
- September - TBD
- October - TBD
Show and Tell.
First as seen above, Pat L's stitching of a Stacy Nash piece.
Carolyn N. stitched the Shakespeare's Peddler design and the Drawn Thread tree.
|Shakespeare's Peddler, stitched by Carolyn N.
|Drawn Thread, stitched by Carolyn N.
|Jean T. stoneware themed pin pillows
|A variety of strawberries stitched by Jean T.
|Just Nan Hedgehog, stitched by Jean T.
Jean also stitched up the Olde Colonial pattern from the goody bag at our Spring Retreat.Caryl C. shared two completed samplers. The first is by Samplers Not Forgotten. Caryl said the basket is all Queen Stitches.
The second, is a Barbara Ana Design, "All Creatures Great and Small"
Last but certainly not least, Liz designed and stitched the scissors fab as a gift to Deb. So cute!Pine Mountain July Pillow, stitched by Pat L.Guild member Donna A. shared making a beaded scissors fob. Donna put a lot of time in prep work making up bags with either pink or blue scissors and coordinating beads. Donna included a piece of felt to lay the beads on. She helped us create the fobs in about 6 minutes. Cute, sharp little scissors with a sheath that 'snaps' in place. EZ-PZ & fun little project. Thank you to Donna!
|This is the wire we used.
Next month, Thread Painting by Joan T. of Lamplighter's EGA.