Here we are again, meeting during this time of Covid via Zoom. Although this is not the preferred way to meet we are making the best of it. On a positive note, it has allowed our out-of-area members to joining us each month I know all 53 who participated this month are grateful to Evalyn and Jon for their continued efforts for our meetings and keeping us connected!
- We are going to continue with this format until we can meet in person again. For access, the same link for our meetings is the same since it was set as a recurring event. A link will sent prior to each meeting. Also a reminder is posted to our Facebook page.
- If you wish to share photos of 1 or 2 of the projects you have completed for our next meeting, please send them to President Linda D. no later than the Tuesday for the Show and Tell slideshow.
- If you have ideas for future programs or in-person locations, please reach out to one of the board members.
- 2021 challenge continues this year with “21 in 21”. Keep making your list.
- La-D-Da is our showcase designer for 2021. We hope that you will stitch some of her designs this year. You can check her website for ideas www.la-d-da.net.
- A poll at today’s meeting indicated that members are interested in having our annual exchange. Watch your email for a google survey to complete if you want to participate.
- Many thanks to Stacy S. who has managed to coordinate great programs each month of this pandemic. Please contact Stacy if have any program ideas.
We welcomed Vickie LoPiccolo Jennett of Needlework Press, to our meeting. She provided a presentation on perforated paper (“A Passion for Perforated Paper”). She was a wealth of knowledge and shared the fascinating history of perforated paper. Many thanks to Vickie for this presentation. She created a project for the group and members had the opportunity in advance to purchase the kit. Salty Yarns is offering a membership discount for the purchase of any Needlework Press pattern in the month of October. Be sure to mention you are a member when placing an order.
Here are links to some of the products Vickie uses when working with perforated paper:
1. Scissors for cutting paper from www.stampinup.com.
2. Tweezers for picking threads from www.sizzix.com.
4. Fray check to secure knots—available from JoAnn’s and Amazon.
November - Claudia Dutcher Kistler will join us for a presentation on Bristol Orphan Samplers.
December - Stephanie from Fabrics by Stephanie will be with us to talk about fabric dying.
January - We will salute our designer of the year, La-D-Da, with a showcase of her projects that we have stitched this year.
February - We will begin our year-long SAL of Garden of Stitches by Samplers Not Forgotten. The designer will be with us for our program.
March - TBD
April - TBD
May - Our delayed anniversary celebration—more information to follow. The event will cover Saturday and Sunday. A field trip on Friday may also be possible.
June - Silk gauze project. This meeting will focus on techniques for stitching on gauze.
July - We will hear some ideas for finishing the silk gauze project.