Cynthia is the director of the Anne-Arundel Library Community College in Baltimore, MD. She is the co-author with Gloria Seaman Allen of Delaware Discoveries: Girlhood Embroidery book. It is an illustrated history of girlhood embroidery in the state of Delaware from 1750 to 1850. There are beautiful photographs of 190 samplers. The book was well researched with biographical information on the young stitchers and their families. A must have book for the dedicated sampler stitcher. As with everything, this book is available through Amazon.
Dr. Seaman Allen recently passed away. http://samplings.com/announcement
- Just a note on our meeting locations for 2020. Due to Cokesbury’s construction projects and scheduling conflicts, we will be relocated for two upcoming meetings, specifically July and September meetings. We will let everyone know our meeting location/s for July and September once a location is secured.
- A reminder that the annuals dues payment was due in January. If you haven’t already paid for this year, please send it in a.s.a.p. The dues are $25. Dues can be paid at the March meeting or made by mailing your check and information to:
- This year we are spotlighting Blackbird Designs. You are encouraged to stitch any Blackbird pattern and to bring in any pieces as you complete them during the year.
- We are also continuing our project completion challenge from last year. In 2019 is was 19 projects. This year it is 20 in 2020. Remember to add your finishes to the green binder that is circulated at each meeting.
- New member Meg L. has an extra copy of Betsy Morgan’s book (Willing Hands). If you are interested in purchasing it from her, please reach out to her at the next monthly meeting.
- June - to be determined
- July - We will have a Christmas in July project. REMINDER - this meeting will be at a different location.