We continue to be GRATEFUL to Evalyn and Jon for hosting our meetings and keeping us connected! As well a big THANK YOU to all who make this possible behind the scenes. They surely are making the best of the current situation.
- Please remember to send any Show and Tell photos to Linda D. no later than Tuesday before our monthly meeting.
- If you have any ideas for future programs please reach out to one of the board members.
- If you have any suggestions for an in-person meeting location, please contact a board member.
- We held modified elections for 2 officer positions. Linda Daelemans and Caryl Carthew were re-elected for President and Secretary respectively.
- In January, we will be voting on a new designer to highlight for 2022. If you have suggestions of a sampler designer please let Linda D. know no later then January 1st.
- Both the April and October MEMBERS ONLY Retreats at Salty Yarns are on the schedule for 2022. Updates with dates and specifics will be shared in the new year.
- Hobby House Needleworks has provided us with a visitor’s guide to Pittsford, NY. The guide is available in the files section of our Facebook page.
- Our next meeting will be on January 8, 2022. Since the December stitch-in date falls on Christmas, we are canceling it for this month. Please continue to share what you are currently stitching on our Facebook page.
This month, we welcomed Stephanie Bishop of Fabrics by Stephanie. She shared with us how she started dying fabric and explained some of the intricacies of her business. She operates out of her basement. She started dying fabric for herself and sold the seconds on a couple of stash groups and the business has expanded from there. She uses professional dyes since Rit Dye fades over time. She purchases fabric wholesale from several different sources, including Wichelt, Zweigart, and Yarn Tree. Covid has made the supply chain a challenge and this has often delayed her shipping. She dyes to order and doesn’t keep a lot of inventory on hand. She has worked with several designers, including Cathy Haberman from Hands-on-Design. She sells 14 count through 46 count, but the most popular counts are 32 and 36. The most popular colors are Chocolate Milk and Colonial Parchment. Her personal favorite I Brigid. Check out her website for all the fabrics she offers--Fabrics by Stephanie LLC - Dyed Fabrics, Hand Dyed Fabrics (stephsfabbys.com). We thank Stephanie for spending time with us.
January - We showcase our salute to La-D-Da with a slide show of member completed La-D-Da projects from 2021. Designer Lori Markovic will join us for this meeting and I know she would love to see all her projects that we have stitched. Please send photos of La-D-Da projects that you have completed this year to Linda D. no later than the Tuesday before the meeting to be included in the prize drawing. Patrick will review our 21 in 21 Challange. Send your list of completed projects to Linda D. by January 1st. We will also share our holiday exchange pieces. If you participated, your exchange partner needs to receive their gift prior to the January meeting.
February - Our year-long SAL of Garden of Stitches by Samplers Not Forgotten will start. The designer, Kim Nugent, will be with us for our program. She will give a presentation, but it is not a class. You do not have to be participating in the SAL to join the meeting.
March - To be decided
April - Since most of the board will be unavailable for the meeting, we will be having a stitch-in instead. Our Salty Yarns Retreat will be in April. More information to follow.
May - We have secured a hotel facility for our delayed anniversary celebration. The event will cover Saturday and Sunday with a possible field trip on Friday. Vickie from Needlework Press will be teaching two classes. A block of rooms will be available at the hotel for those who wish to stay over. More information to follow.
June - This meeting will focus on techniques for stitching on gauze. We will be offering a project designed by Erica Michaels. The registration is due by the February meeting. Information is posted in the files section of our Facebook page. The form includes information on cost and options for receiving your kit. The kit will include the gauze and the pattern. Members will provide the threads.
July - We will see some ideas for finishing the silk gauze project.
Post a Comment