Membership - Membership is now PAST DUE. Dues is $25 annually. Please complete and return the MEMBERSHIP FORM.
20 in 2020 Challenge Patrick shared the tally of projects compleled. There were a total of 651 projects reported as completed in 2020. Keeping in mind that only 24 people turned in a list. The top six winners are:
1. Stacy S. with 43
2. Pat Y. with 42
3. Ellen P with 38
4. Caryl C. with 35
5. Patrick with 34
6. Ann S. and Jean T. tied with 33
Your needles were on fire stitchers! Each will be receiving a 6 x 6 tablet with the DVHSG Logo.
- Use one strand of button/craft thread for your gathering stitch
- Use stencil plastic or comic board to create stiffer, reusable templates for the strawberries
- Mark a center at the top and bottom of your stitched design to ad in lining it up when you assemble the strawberry
- The templates DO NOT INCLUDE seam allowance
- The template is the size of the interfacing
- Iron on the interfacing BEFORE cutting the linen
- Cut a length of yarn and unply it to stuff into the pointed end of the strawberry
- Pull gathering thread to leave a one inch diameter opening. This will allow you to continue to stuff the top and work out the wrinkles and will be covered by the topping.
- Use freezer paper to create/trace patterns to top
- Complete top with all embellishments first and then attach the completed top to the strawberry