Meeting notes -
- The log book for listing project finishes was passed around. Members list their finishes for an ongoing record of accomplishments! It is amazing how the finished projects add up.
- August is our Stash Reallocation Meeting. Members bought in all kinds of stitching related items they no longer want and the trading and selling begins.
- A draft listing of member names and contact information was circulated. The list was reviewed for edits and returned to the Secretary. Updates will be made and the list will be provided to everyone once completed.
- Conservation Fund - Part of membership dues is delegated to the conservation fund. Each year the guild donates money to an organization dedicated to sampler preservation. Applications for this year's funds are due by August 31st. See the tab above, Conservation Fund, for the application and criteria. Please see Ann S. if you would like to help on the selection committee.
- Nominating Committee -
- Semi-Annual Guild Retreat - This fall's retreat will be the first weekend in October at Lankford Hotel/Salty Yarns in Ocean City, NJ Registration is due by the September Meeting. The cost will be $140 for the weekend which will include two nights, two breakfasts and a welcome cocktail reception on Friday evening. This is a MEMBERS ONLY event.
- In September - Member Liz C. will teach everyone Peyote beading. Her instruction session will include a smart starter kit for all members present.
- October - Members Francine and Marnie will share their collections of Maulkland ware.
- November - Designer Sharon Verbos will teach a small. Sign-ups will be at the September meeting.
- December - Annual Holiday Covered Dish Luncheon. We will hold our annual gift exchange. Members who wish to participate will bring a wrapped, small, stitched sampler themed gift for the exchange. Whether you participate or not in the exchange is it always one of our more popular meetings. The items are always something to behold!
- January - Members bring in and share any gift items received over the holidays.
- March - Pam Darney will be teaching a sampler class. She will instruct a piece that will include joining two different pieces of linen. The class will be limited to 25 attendees. More information will be provided when available.
- Show and Tell
Also a guild class piece finished by Stacy S. This is the stitch along from the Lauren Sauer Class in the fall of 2017.
Belt with doggies, scissors sheath and strawberries by Patrick B.
Sampler stitched by Barbara
More birds stitched by Barbara
This is the red band sampler by Carol of I-Stitch/FB group. Stitched by Caryl C. but not in red.
More finishes by Caryl C. This is Pokeberry from Fern Ridge
The shaker box is also a finish by Caryl C. It is a Merry Cox piece
Heritage Sampler from Plum Street, stitched by Dennis S.
Jean T.'s completed Lauren Sauer Sampler.
Above, from Hands on Designs, stitched by Jean T. The small (with pine ric-rac) on the bottom right is from The Purple Thread, also stitched by Jean T.
Basket full so smalls, A Fragment in Time from Summer House, stitched by Jean T.
Halloween from Ursula Michaels, stitched by Barbara G. And below, also stitched by Barbara G. is All Hallows Eve from Sam Sarah Designs.
Next meeting, September 8th
Watch your email updates for pending room changes due to ongoing construction at Cokesbury Village.