Sali C-P provided a brief overview of Treasury. More info will be provided to members in the newsletter.
Show and Tell
As always, the work of our hands is beyond description.
Shepherd's Bush by Susan D. (sorry for the glare Susan)
Canvas piece, Stacy S. - her first canvas piece
Snowmen by Stacy S.
The Mayflower Collection by our own Theresa B./Heart's Ease Exemplar
Can you guess who has done another wedding sampler? Look at the ribbon flowers!
stitched by Lynn D.
And if Lynn wasn't busy enough stitching wedding samplers, she finished the
Inspiration Sampler designed by Theresa B.
Sampler by Patty Yergey, stitched by BJ S.
Cute little pillow by Ellen P. using her new sewing machine.
Not sure who stitched this but it looks like Pine Mountain.
This is an older Danish chart stitched by Pat Y.
These last four were turned out by Francine C. Each one was lovelier than the one before!
- Red Bank Gardeners - Hosting a garden and needlework display, June 14, Red Bank NJ
- Colonial West Jersey Chapter of EGA will be having a display in Willingboro. Pat Y. forwarded the information for the Newsletter.
- Stitch by Stitch Retreat, October 23 & 24, Cape May. Two teachers are schedules: Sharon Verbos of the Purple Thread and a needlepoint project (with the option to do on linen)
- Stitcher's Retreat - MEMBERS ONLY - at Salty Yarns in OCMD, Oct. 2 - 4
- Jamboree, Oct. 9 & 10 at Salty Yarns in OCMD. Just Another Button Company and Hands on Threads will teach the three classes.
- Cape May Historical Society - ongoing - needlework and quilts on display.
We also shared the progress we are making on the stitch-a-long. Rows 6-7-8 were to be completed by the June meeting. Row 6 is the pulled satin stitches, Row 7 and 8 are the verse - "Be true.....". For the July meeting, Row 9 - the band of flowers with the date centered is what needs to be completed to stay on schedule.
Everyone's keeping up! Look at the differences with color choices. Pat Y. is done and FRAMED. Sorry Pat I didn't get a photo. Trust me everyone, she has the perfect frame and it looks stunning.
Mary Dawn Ditty, member, shared her large collection of vintage and antique needlework and sewing notions. Mary narrated the slide show as well as had a vast amount of smalls to share with the group.
Mary Dawn really has a thing for little emory strawberries!
Darners for the fingers of gloves!
What a collection!
July Meeting will be our Garage Sale/Stash Reduction Event
August Meeting will be a stitch-a-long