I am going to go out of order here a bit and share our Show 'n Tell.
|This is called Day Into Night, stitched by Pat. L (look at how the fillet on the frame changes!)|
|Exquisite Japanese Embroidery by Pat L. This is a Phase 8 piece.|
|Smalls and front of Eleanor's Sewing Box by Sandy J. This was from a class in Williamsburg in 2014.|
|And if the front was not enough.....the back of Eleanor's Sewing Box.|
|Peaceable Kingdom stitched by Patty H. and not without some frogging we were told.|
|Nativity scene stitched by Patty H. This is a Lori Birmingham design. Watch out, Pat Y. may want it!|
|The Bee Keeper, limited edition chart, stitched by Barbara G.|
|ALL beads, stitched by Pat L.|
|This was supposed to be stitching into a bag but Pat adapted it to the top of her little wooden box.|
(sorry - I don't know who the stitcher or designer is)
|Francine's work. I believe this is One Moment in Time by Jackie du Plessis|
|The little sterling charm was beautiful|
|Just to reaffirm, it is THAT small! Wow, most of us would need two pairs of cheaters for this one!|
The meeting started with some announcements....
- For January meeting - bring any stitching related items your received as a holiday gift to show and share
- Bring your completed (or not) Girls of the Guild Samplers to the January Meeting. Remember all those who completed the challenge (finished the sampler) will be eligible for the prize drawing
- More details will follow about our 2016 challenge. The details shared here are not necessarily the final rules. The rules are still being worked out but here is some unofficial tidbits. Our 2016 challenge will be to pick five projects that are either new or less than 50 percent completed to work on during 2016. The goal will be to finish the five you select by January 2017. Away Stitchers can email the Guild's email their list of five projects if they wish to be in the challenge. There may be an opportunity to swap out one of your choices for a different project during June 2016. You should bring your patterns to the January meeting. Again these are not the official details of the challenge. Final details will be available at the meeting.
- Deb S. is handling the sign-ups for the Catherine Theron project. This is a KIT and not a CLASS. The January Meeting is the deadline for signing up. Cost is $75 for the needle book. Away Stitchers add $6 for postage.
- The January Meeting is also the deadline for signing up for the Betsy Morgan class. Betsy will be demonstrating at the March Meeting. During the meeting Betsy will demonstrate cording and cording with beads and tassel making. Following the meeting there will be an optional afternoon class. The cost of the class is $65 and will include lunch. The class will be a needle book featuring the Aztec stitch.
- Dues are due in January! If paying with cash, please put in envelope with your name on it.
- The Westown Book is available for pre-order. Caryl C. has sent a link to the Westown site if you wish to pre-order.
Progress on the Girls of the Guild SAL. It really is fun to see all the different versions.
Barbara G. above and Carol W. below, both framed and both
stitched in the original (or close to) colors.
Gwynne G. (Sorry, can't rotate the pix)
MaryRita M. used three colors.
Robin T. used Baby Spinach and Capri for her Girls of the Guild
Upcoming classes - at Salty Yarns
- Sherry Jones will be at Salty Yarns in April
- Betsy Morgan will be at Salty Yarns in June. Her project will be a companion piece to what we stitch in the March Guild class.
- Jackie du Plessis will be at Salty Yarns in September - Princess and the Pea
- Jackie du Plessis will be at Salty Yarns in September - One Moment in Time
- Jamboree in October - classes to be determined
Other ongoing and upcoming events
- Please bring any pieces you wish to send to Woodland to our January meeting. Please include your completed paperwork and $5 fee for transportation
- The Rehoboth Historical Society will again be having a show. Dates to be announced.
- Cape May cross stitch store (need more info) will be hosting a Halloween in May event/class
- Spring Retreat at Salty Yarns in April - (members only)
- Dying to Stitch Retreat with Blackbird Designs - same weekend at Guild Spring Retreat
- Cape May Historical Society Exhibit is coming to a close but has been extended for a brief time. Must call for an appt. and there is a $5 donation fee. (609) 465-3535.
- Looking into having a judge come to a future meeting to share judging criteria
|This piece is huge! There are birds and a sun at the top that don't show up.|
|I think there is one more section to go!|
Truly we have some very gifted stitches and this year they did not disappoint with their exchanges.
|Just got to say - what innovation - this is the gift Patrick made for the exchange. This is a chicken feeder!|
Members please share any edits or revisions with me either by email or at our next meeting.