- Member Patti H. gave a presentation on Gloucester County Samplers. I saw her presentation at the Morven Museum last year and it was a good one! Patti has charted several of the samplers for stitching and they are available at the Gloucester County Historical Society.
- September SAL Assignment - Complete rows 14 and 15 of Girls of the Guild by September Meeting to stay on course!
- Fall Guild Retreat - October 2 - 4. This is a Members Only event.
- Annual Donation - Our planning committee will make a decision on the recipient of our annual sampler restoration donation for 2015 in early 2016. More information will follow. Past recipients have been: Winterthur Museum, The Plimouth Jacket Foundation, The Biggs Museum, The Chester County Historical Society, Lewes Historical Society and Odessa Historical Society.
Girls having fun at OCMD Retreat.....I mean you do have to stop stitching to eat.
Lynn D. shared what is normally our beautiful view of the ocean from those
wonderful rockers we like to sit and stitch from. This weekend is was a view of Hurricane Joachin!
Coming in October
- Our October program will be a demonstration of speciality stitches by members Sali and Teresa. For Sali's stitch demo, bring a doodle cloth, with fabric of your choice, small hoop and floss from stash. For Teresa's stitch demo, bring a piece of 28 or 32 count linen, a hoop if you choose and #12 perle cotton. Of course, all your normal stitching supplies (needles, scissors, magnification, etc.)
- October SAL Assignment - Complete rows 16 and 17 by the October Meeting
Upcoming Needlework Events
- The Pennsylvania Button Society will be sponsoring two shows. In Myerstown, PA, October 17 and in Fraser, PA, October 31. See their website: http://members.nationalbuttonsociety.org/event-870939
- The Cape May Museum is holding an exhibit that opened in August and will run until mid-December. The samplers on display write in date from 1796 to 1860. Their website is http://www.cmcmuseum.org
- Fae Kuhn, Grantville, PA is sponsoring a Cross Stitch Retreat. Grantville is near Hershey PA. The dates are October 16 - 18 and will be held at the Granville Holiday Inn. There will be designers attending. Check out the Facebook page: Stitcher's Escapes to find this and all other stitching events!
- In November, the Montpelier Mansion, Laurel, MD will host an expedition on needlework. More information is available at their website: http://stitchingpretty.com/events.aspx
Members! Please email any Show and Tell you would like me to share here!! See you all in November!